Hello and happy Wednesday all you cool kittens and cats.
Hopefully by now you’ve started wearing a face covering whenever you leave the house, whether it’s store bought, homemade, or makeshift. Face coverings are a necessity when it comes to responsibly leaving the house during the coronavirus pandemic, as they can help protect not only you, but all the people you come close to.
And if you’re looking for some ways to rep the Giants, well, have we got something for you. Face coverings that do three important things:
- Cover your face.
- Support charitable organizations, as all of the proceeds go to charities.
- Rep the Giants.
Check them out, and, most importantly, please wear a face covering when you leave the house, whether it has a Giants logo, a Los Angeles Dodgers logo, or a graphic of a manatee eating a Dodger dog while Tommy Lasorda watches.
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
Yes, of course he did.
May 20, 2001: Against the Atlanta Braves, Bonds hit 2 solo home runs. A 1st inning shot off of John Burkett gave the Giants a 1-0 lead, and a 7th inning shot off Mike Remlinger cut the deficit to 7-4. The Giants would lose 11-6. The homers gave him 5 dingers in 2 games, and marked his 4th straight game with a home run. They were his 21st and 22nd homers of the year.
May 20, 2003: Against the Arizona Diamondbacks, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 1st inning off of Elmer Dessens. It gave the Giants a 1-0 lead, and they would win 6-5. It was his 12th homer of the year.
May 20, 2006: Against the Oakland Athletics, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 2nd inning off of Brad Halsey. It tied the game 1-1, and the Giants would win 4-2. It was his 6th homer of the year.
- Grant Brisbee continues his countdown of the greatest homers in San Francisco history, with 10-6 (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Podcast: Grant Brisbee and Andrew Baggarly talk about the Dodgers with Pedro Moura (The Athletic, free)
- Alex Pavlovic on how MLB’s 2020 safety rules will impact the Giants (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Dan Szymborski on how much departing WAR each team has, and thus how much they’ll lose if the season is canceled (Fangraphs)
- Alex Pavlovic looks back on if the Giants hadn’t traded for Hunter Pence (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Maria Guardado ranks the best bench player in Giants history (MLB)
- Dalton Johnson on why the Giants should target George Springer in free agency (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Alex Pavlovic on how Brandon Belt is looking forward to facing Madison Bumgarner (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Podcast: Gabe Kapler and Dave Roberts join Henry Schulman and Jorge Castillo to pick their lineups of the best Northern and Southern California players (SF Chronicle)
I hope you all have a tremendous Wednesday.