Hello and happy Tuesday.
Winter Meetings are underway for the San Francisco Giants, and the other 29 MLB teams for that matter. They’re different this year, for obvious reasons, and they’re being held virtually.
Presumably the Giants will do something. They’ve been rumored to be interested in numerous trades, and linked to many a free agent. It’s unclear whether they’ll do tiny moves, swing for the fences, or find a middle ground.
Either way, something is bound to happen today, or tomorrow, or the next day, or next week, or something. I think we’re all waiting to see what the first domino will be, and when it will fall.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Giants fall short in Game 3, down 2-1 (Oct. 24, 2014 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter talks Luis Matos and the upcoming Baseball America Giants prospect rankings (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on how Mauricio Dubón changed the Giants offseason plans by being good defensively in the outfield (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Maria Guardado looks back on the Giants five-best Winter Meetings moves (MLB)
- Alex Pavlovic lists eight bold Winter Meetings predictions (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- John Shea on how the Giants are dealing with the designated hitter uncertainty (SF Chronicle)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how the Winter Meetings are here, kind of (KNBR)
- Alex Didion on if the Giants might pursue a trade for Sonny Gray (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Joe Posnanski continues his countdown of the 100 best players not in the Hall of Fame, with 61-70 (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Dalton Johnson on if the Giants should sign Tomoyuki Sugano (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 114 days until Opening Day.
Enjoy your Tuesday!