Hello and happy Saturday.
On Friday it was reported by the Associated Press that Major League Baseball — and all 30 of its teams, including the San Francisco Giants — are suing their insurance providers. Baseball teams lost all kinds of money during the 2020 season, when the coronavirus removed 102 games from the schedule and all the fans from the stands.
Now the league and its teams are claiming that their insurance providers are refusing to pay their claims. It’s billionaires suing billionaires, but ... it’s kind of interesting.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Best Postseason Games of the Decade: 2014 World Series Game 7 (Dec. 24, 2019 — Sami Higgins)
- Podcast: Roger Munter talks with Baseball America’s Josh Norris about Giants prospects (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on why the Giants should avoid Marcell Ozuna (The Athletic, subscription required)
- John Shea on how the Giants intend to add more women to their coaching staff (SF Chronicle)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how the Giants sound excited about some free agents (KNBR)
- Alex Pavlovic on how the Giants considered multiple women for the assistant pitching coach position (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Alex Pavlovic on Farhan Zaidi planning on the DH not being in the NL in 2021 (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Maria Guardado on how triples alley came to be (MLB)
- Jessica Kleinschmidt on Joe Montana heckling Dodgers players (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Joe Posnanski continues his countdown of the greatest players who aren’t in the Hall of Fame, with 71-80 (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Dalton Johnson on why the Giants should target Carlos Rodón (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Alex Pavlovic on Farhan Zaidi already being in contact with non-tendered players (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Alex Pavlovic on where the roster currently stands (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 117 days until Opening Day.
I hope it’s a tremendous Saturday for you.