Hello and happy Wednesday.
Yesterday was Opening Night in the NBA, and the San Francisco Giants neighbor, the Golden State Warriors, kicked off the season against the Brooklyn Nets. The Warriors won, unless they lost — it’s hard to say, since I’m writing this at 2 p.m. on Tuesday. If you’re still unsure who won, head over to Golden State of Mind, where you can find the non-2 p.m. version of me telling you what happened.
Anyway, the Warriors and Giants have long supported each other, which I expect to only grow now that the Warriors have set the search parameters on Zillow to “Mission Bay,” and “> $100,000,000” and bopped over the bridge to truly and honestly become the Giants’ neighbors.
So naturally the Giants wished the Dubs good luck as a new season got underway.
I hope for more crossover content from these franchises. So on that note, let’s find some fun pictures of the Giants and Warriors crossing over.
It also reminded me that the first article I wrote for this website was in 2018, when I found a Giants parallel for ever player on the Warriors roster.
So, in conclusion, go Giants, go Warriors, put in your basketball takes here, or tell me who the current parallels are on each team’s respective roster, or at least tell me what you head for breakfast.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Alert: Ryan Vogelsong has a gnarly beard now (Feb. 21, 2015 — Grant Brisbee)
- Podcast: Roger Munter talks the lost Minor League season with The Athletic’s Britt Ghiroli (There R Giants)
- Alex Pavlovic on if the Giants will continue to search for an outfield bat (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Mark W. Sanchez on why the Giants brought back Darin Ruf and Chadwick Tromp (KNBR)
- Alex Pavlovic on how the Giants have been busy, but have a lot of offseason work left to do (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Nick San Miguel finds three left-handed starting pitchers for the Giants to target (Around the Foghorn)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 99 (!!!) days until Opening Day.
Have a wonderful Wednesday.