Hello and happy Thursday.
To hear president of baseball operations Farhan Zaidi talk about it, there are more rotation moves to come.
Farhan Zaidi: "We have room to add another guy" to the rotation following the DeSclafani signing.— Andrew Baggarly (@extrabaggs) December 17, 2020
The Giants can pencil DeSclafani, Johnny Cueto, and Kevin Gausman into the rotation, health permitting. Logan Webb would seem to be a strong favorite as well. And then there are a few other options, including Tyler Beede, who is recovering from Tommy John surgery, and Tyler Anderson, who was non-tendered but the Giants remain in contact with.
Few Zaidi takeaways:— Mark W. Sanchez (@MarkWSanchez) December 17, 2020
—Giants still want another starter, said they're in touch with Tyler Anderson's reps
—Referenced Reds park as reason for more DeSclafani optimism
—Still need a lefty bat, which could be IF or OF. Dubon versatility helps
—May add another C even after Tromp
More moves coming! That’s always exciting.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Guy’s Grocery Games: Live blog/play-by-play/recap (April 8, 2020 — Brady Klopfer)
- Roger Munter with a way too early roster preview for Eugene (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee lists the five slowest offseason in San Francisco Giants history (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Katie Strang and Ken Rosenthal on the allegations of horrific domestic abuse committed by Omar Vizquel (The Athletic, subscription required)
- John Shea on how Willie Mays is happy for his Negro League teammates (SF Chronicle)
- Alex Pavlovic on how Gabe Kapler is ready to be a resource for Giants players who have vaccine questions (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Kerry Crowley on where the Giants offseason plans and rotation stand with the Anthony DeSclafani signing (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on how Anthony DeSclafani fits in with the Giants recent success stories (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Alex Pavlovic on what excited Gabe Kapler the most about Buster Posey’s return (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- John Shea on how happy Alex Dickerson is to have his first guaranteed contract (SF Chronicle)
- Craig Edwards lists two easy ways to make baseball better (Fangraphs)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 105 days until Opening Day.
Have a wonderful Thursday.