Hello and happy Wednesday.
It looks like Andrew Suárez’s time with the San Francisco Giants may be coming to an end. According to Daniel Kim — who covers the KBO for ESPN — Suárez is nearing a deal with the LG Twins, a KBO team. It seems as though he’ll be packing his bags and heading for Korea.
The Twins and Giants would need to work out a buyout of sorts, because Suárez is currently still under contract with San Francisco.
It doesn’t seem like the current regime is super high on Suárez, so perhaps a buyout shouldn’t be surprising. Still, he’s appeared in each of the last three seasons for the Giants, and is currently on the 40-man roster.
The Giants drafted Suárez in the second round of the 2015 MLB Draft. In 56 appearances — including 31 starts — he’s had a 4.66 ERA and a 4.60 FIP. He has 160 strikeouts to 65 walks in 202.2 innings.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Brandon Belt’s Record-Breaking At-Bat, A Minute By Minute Retelling (April 23, 2018 — Kevin J. Cunningham)
- Andrew Baggarly on how eager Buster Posey is to get on the field in 2021 (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Kerry Crowley on Gabe Kapler anointing Buster Posey as the everyday catcher next year (Mercury News)
- Maria Guardado on Gabe Kapler’s comments about Buster Posey next season (MLB)
- John Shea on what Johnny Cueto has left to offer the Giants (SF Chronicle)
- Kerry Crowley on Gabe Kapler speaking up about how he’ll get vaccinated (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on how Johnny Cueto won’t play in winter ball (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Jessica Kleinschmidt on why Ken Rosenthal thinks that Trevor Bauer to the Giants makes a lot of sense (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Mark W. Sanchez on the high praise that comes with the J.P. Martinez hiring (KNBR)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 106 days until Opening Day.
Have a sensational Wednesday, one and all.