Hello and happy Sunday.
It’s been the MLB offseason for a little while now, and while I’m sure that Farhan Zaidi, Scott Harris, Gabe Kapler, and the rest of the San Francisco Giants brass have been hard at work thinking about baseball, most of the rest of us have not.
We’ve all been consumed for the last week by the presidential election, which finally reached a conclusion yesterday. I have two things to say about said election.
- For those of you who are an active part of the McCovey Chronicles community, thank you. Being able to talk with you all throughout the last week helped keep me as calm as possible, and I hope it was helpful to you too. Furthermore, I didn’t have to delete a single comment all week, which is amazing. Y’all rock.
- If you’re feeling good post-election, please remember that this is a step but not the step. There’s lots more work to be done, and we can’t just vote every few years and then get on with things. Let’s all try to use this as an opportunity to enact more change in whatever way we’re capable of.
And now, with that said, we return to our regularly scheduled programming: Giants baseball.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
NBA Free Agency Suite (June 30, 2016 — DiaDeLosSlapsy)
- Andrew Baggarly spoke with Farhan Zaidi about the offseason and the Dodgers title (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Scott Ostler on how fans of Bay Area sports teams could say goodbye to the team owners (SF Chronicle)
- Mark W. Sanchez on former third base coach Tim Flannery returning from the hospital (KNBR)
- Jeff Young on if the Giants might pursue Ross Stripling (Around the Foghorn)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 144 days until Opening Day.
Have a tremendous Sunday.