Hello and happy Saturday. I hope it’s a peaceful and happy day for you.
On Thursday, San Francisco Giants middle infielder and center fielder Mauricio Dubon organized an internet fundraiser for hurricane relief following the devastating impact of Hurricane Eta.
Hurricane Eta has paved a disruptive path, and as of Friday about 150 people were either confirmed dead or missing in Guatemala, which is near Dubón’s home country of Honduras. So Dubón set up a fundraiser, and quickly started raising money for those who need it.
Anything helps. Please my people needs help https://t.co/HKWejXQKPT— Mauricio Dubon (@Mauriciodubon10) November 6, 2020
There’s a link in Dubón’s tweet, or you can find the fundraiser here. If you’ve got a few dollars you can chip in to those who need it, this is a tremendous cause.
Dubón has quickly become a fan favorite on the Giants. This is just one of the many reasons why.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Every Giants walk-off against the Dodgers since moving to San Francisco (April 23, 2015 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter looks at the prospects just outside of the Giants top 50 (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee tackles the question of whether the Giants should consider trading for Francisco Lindor (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Henry Schulman on Tim Flannery being released from the hospital (SF Chronicle)
- Maria Guardado predicts the 2021 Opening Day roster (MLB)
- Bill Plunkett on MLB not punishing the Dodgers or Justin Turner (Mercury News)
- Dalton Johnson on rival executives expecting the Giants to spend big in free agency (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Brian Murphy wonders if the Yankees are actually interested in trading for Brandon Crawford (KNBR)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 145 days until Opening Day.
Have a tremendous Saturday.