Hello and happy Thursday. I hope you’re all taking deep breaths and drinking lots of
On Tuesday evening, the Gold Glove Award winners were announced. I didn’t write anything about it because ... well, to repeat myself, it was on Tuesday evening. Somehow the baseball powers that be decided that the evening of a presidential election was the perfect time to unveil this year’s top defensive wizards.
I was pulling hard for Belt, who was trying to win his first Gold Glove. But it’s hard to be too upset about losing a baseball vote on Tuesday.
Still a star in our eyes, baby giraffe.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Quarantine Theater: Kai Correa’s Infield Drill Instruction (March 31, 2020 — Bryan Murphy)
- Roger Munter takes a second dive into what 2021 has in store, for the Giants and for the Minor Leagues (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on why the Giants should start the season by re-signing Drew Smyly (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Jake Mailhot on Kevin Gausman’s difficult decision with the qualifying offer (Fangraphs)
- Dalton Johnson on Jon Heyman’s prediction that the Giants will sign Trevor Bauer (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how Brandon Belt is still searching for his first Gold Glove (KNBR)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 147 days until Opening Day.
I hope your Thursday is full of good news.