Hello and happy
leftover’s day Friday.
Last week, the San Francisco Giants added four prospects to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 draft: Alexander Canario, Kervin Castro, Camilo Doval, and Gregory Santos.
To make room for those four, they had to designate three players for assignment: Aramís García, Jordan Humphreys, and Chris Shaw.
Giants transaction update...— Amy Gutierrez (@AmyGGiants) November 25, 2020
Aramis Garcia- Claimed by Texas.
Jordan Humphreys- Claimed by Cleveland.
Chris Shaw- Claimed by Baltimore.
García finishes his Giants career having hit .229/.270/.419, with 6 home runs in 111 plate appearances.
Shaw finishes his Giants career having hit .153/.244/.222, with 1 home run in 82 plate appearances.
Humphreys never appeared in a game for the Giants at any level, as he was acquired during the 2020 season and placed on the reserve list.
Best of luck to all three.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Jim Leyland, Barry Bonds discuss famous spring training argument (Jan. 27, 2017 — Grant Brisbee)
- Maria Guardado on Mauricio Dubón giving back to his community, and helping out with hurricane relief (MLB)
- Kerry Crowley on when the Giants might start pursuing the top free agents again (Mercury News)
- Jessica Kleinschmidt on Mike Yastrzemski’s hopes to stay on the Giants for a long time (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Marc Delucchi on NPB ace Tomoyuki Sugano being posted soon (Around the Foghorn)
- Alex Pavlovic on if the Giants can build a strong roster in 2021 despite DH rule uncertainty (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Marc Delucchi explores five trade options for the Giants to land Blake Snell (Around the Foghorn)
- Jessica Kleinschmidt on Mike Yastrzemski wanting to continue his hot play from 2020 over the course of a full season in 2021 (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 125 days until Opening Day. We are officially closer to Opening Day 2021 than to Opening Day 2020.
I hope you have a great Friday.