Hello and happy Tuesday.
The San Francisco Giants most valuable player in 2020 was Mike Yastrzemski. Their second most valuable player was Brandon Belt. On the one hand, that feels very unpredictable. On the other hand ... who else would you have predicted? The options were bleak.
So who will be the Giants MVP in 2021? There are a lot of reasonable options. Yastrzemski and Belt both stated their case, as did Brandon Crawford, Donovan Solano, Alex Dickerson, Austin Slater, and Wilmer Flores. Kevin Gausman will likely be the ace of the staff, plus he’ll get to benefit from pitching to Buster Posey. Speaking of which ... Buster Posey!
I’m going to say Belt, but if you gave me the right odds I’d place some money on Slater.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Brandon Crawford punched Matt Duffy in the privates at the White House (June 5, 2015 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter offers up his final thoughts after ranking the top 50 prospects in the farm (There R Giants)
- Maria Guardado answers mailbag questions, including who is primed for a big 2021 (MLB)
- Mark W. Sanchez on why the Giants and free agent pitchers can gamble on each other (KNBR)
- John Shea on the uncertain offseason facing the Giants (SF Chronicle)
- Alex Pavlovic on why the Giants are receiving more interest from free agent hitters this year (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Chris Haft on Alex Dickerson and the Giants revamping a holiday event (MLB)
- Craig Edwards on reader predictions for the non-tender deadline (Fangraphs)
- Mike Krukow is worried about Tim Flannery (KNBR)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 128 days until Opening Day.
I hope your Tuesday is swell.