Hello and happy Saturday.
A few days ago, the San Francisco Giants revealed a bunch of injury updates. I’m late getting to them, because all kinds of sadness, madness, and gladness has been going on with that other professional sports balling team on the water in San Francisco.
So here ‘s the Giants injury news: Heliot Ramos will be ready by Spring Training, but Alexander Canario will not be. Brandon Belt, who had heel surgery right after the season ended (after having his best season while playing on an injured heel) is still an unknown for the start of the 2021 season. Austin Slater is expected to be ready by Spring Training.
Just wrapped up a call with Farhan Zaidi. A few updates:— Andrew Baggarly (@extrabaggs) November 19, 2020
-Belt is recovering from heel surgery but it's too early to tell if he'll be ready by opening day.
-Cueto wants to pitch winter ball but those discussions are ongoing.
-Canario won't be ready by spring but H. Ramos will.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
The odds of Brandon Hicks keeping it up [Yes, I’ve posted this before, and yes, I’ll post it again. It still gets about 20 clicks every day and cracks me up.] (April 29, 2014 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter finishes his countdown of the top 50 prospects in the farm, with 1-5 (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on why the Giants shouldn’t sign a marquee reliever (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Maria Guardado on the origins of McCovey Cove and splash hits (MLB)
- Eric Longenhagen predicts who will be non-tendered (Fangraphs)
- Alex Pavlovic on the Giants DFA’ing former high draft picks (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- John Shea on Tim Flannery returning to the hospital (SF Chronicle)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how the Giants had been interested in Jason Vosler for a while (KNBR)
- Jessica Kleinschmidt on what Alex Dickerson thinks the Giants need to do to improve (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Nick Groke ranks the worst trade in every team’s history (The Athletic, subscription required)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 131 days until Opening Day.
I hope you all have a tremendous Saturday.