Hello and happy Monday. Please vote if you haven’t already.
The San Francisco Giants had a few coronavirus cases in the months when the MLB season was suspended, and as players were trying to get ready for Summer Camp. But once the baseball actually began, they managed to not have a single positive test result (though they did have a false positive). It seemed they took things seriously, as they should have.
So far it’s been more of the same at the fall instructional leagues. A few teams have struggled with coronavirus cases — no great surprise given the size of rosters and the current state of the pandemic in the country — but the Giants have yet to have a positive test result.
The Giants have had no positive tests and haven't had to pause operations in instructional league, which is certainly good news. https://t.co/dnaYRoieR1— Andrew Baggarly (@extrabaggs) November 1, 2020
Let’s hope it stays that way.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Brian Wilson was on Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles, so we watched it on purpose (Oct. 27, 2015 — Doug Bruzzone)
- Henry Schulman talked with Brian Wilson about the 2010 World Series (SF Chronicle)
- Maria Guardado on the Giants giving Kevin Gausman the qualifying offer (MLB)
- Kerry Crowley on why the Giants giving Kevin Gausman the qualifying offer is good for fans (Mercury News)
- Dalton Johnson on Marco Luciano hitting homers and flipping bats (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Mark W. Sanchez on why giving Kevin Gausman the qualifying offer helps protect the Giants (KNBR)
- Jeff Young looks at four free agents with local ties that the Giants might be interested in (Around the Foghorn)
- Dalton Johnson on why the Kevin Gausman move was surprising (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 150 days until Opening Day.
I hope your Monday is magical.