Hello and happy Tuesday.
On Monday, the 2021 Hall of Fame ballots were announced. Six former Giants are on the ballot: newcomers Tim Hudson, Barry Zito, and LaTroy Hawkins, and repeat candidates Barry Bonds, Jeff Kent, and Omar Vizquel.
The odds and trends point to no Giants being inducted into the Hall of Fame this year, so I’m left wondering who will be the next Giant to join the prestigious list of inductees?
Will it be Barry Bonds, who somehow got just 60.7% of the vote last year (75% is required), his eighth year on the ballot? Will it come later, in the form of Buster Posey, who isn’t a sure thing but has a strong case?
Will it be someone currently in the farm, like Marco Luciano or Heliot Ramos?
Give us your predictions. I’m going to go the painfully optimistic route and say that voters get their [redacted] together and vote in Bonds.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Madison Bumgarner is a legend, Giants one win away from World Series win (Oct. 26, 2014 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter continues his countdown of the Giants top 50 prospects, with 11-20 (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee explores some moderately-priced pitching options for the Giants (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Maria Guardado looks at the best Giants that aren’t in the Hall of Fame (MLB)
- Kerry Crowley on left-handed pitchers for the Giants to pursue now that Drew Smyly is gone (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on why Drew Smyly signing with the Braves is both good and bad news for the Giants (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Eric Longenhagen on all of the non-tenders that are coming (Fangraphs)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 135 days until Opening Day.
Have a sensational Tuesday.