Hello and happy Monday. I hope it’s a great one for you.
The MLB offseason is in full swing, and that means the San Francisco Giants might start signing players any day now. And while I think the belief that they might open up the checkbook for Trevor Bauer is unlikely to be true, we can certainly expect a few pitchers to be signed along the way.
Odorizzi only pitched 13.1 innings in 2020 for the Minnesota Twins, but he was an All-Star in 2019, when he put up 4.3 fWAR and a 3.36 FIP in 159 innings.
He certainly wouldn’t make a bad addition to the Giants rotation, though I’m sure the Twins won’t be keen to let him go.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Watch SNL’s Kyle Mooney try to interview the 2011 Giants (Aug. 26, 2018 — Bryan Murphy)
- Podcast: Marc Delucchi talks with Kevin Cunningham about prospects and all things Giants (Around the Foghorn)
- Mark W. Sanchez on why Alexander Canario’s injury complicates the Rule 5 draft for the Giants (KNBR)
- Jeff Young makes the case for signing Aaron Sanchez (Around the Foghorn)
- TC Zencka on Alexander Canario’s surgery (MLB Trade Rumors)
- Jeff Young finds three left-handed pitchers for the Giants to consider (Around the Foghorn)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 136 days until Opening Day.
I hope your Monday is simply fabulous.