Hello and happy Sunday. And happy November. And please vote if you haven’t already.
Buster Posey is great. I doubt that you forgot this, but I’m here to remind you anyway. Even though the 2012 MVP and three-time champion opted out of the 2020 MLB season, he’s still finding ways to impact San Francisco Giants fans.
On Friday, Posey made the day of a nine-year old Giants fan, Reese. She lost her baseball card collection — and her home — in the recent Creek Fire. So ABC News Bay Area set up a Zoom with her and Posey — only she didn’t know that her favorite baseball player would be there. And you have to watch her reaction.
The #CreekFire destroyed 9-year-old Reese's home and her beloved baseball card collection. To lift her spirits, her favorite #MLB player @BusterPosey surprised her on Zoom! Reece thought she was doing an interview with @LarryBeilABC7 until the @SFGiants star appeared on screen. pic.twitter.com/xQ8EGw1zZ7— ABC7 News (@abc7newsbayarea) October 30, 2020
What a great player, what a great fan, and what a great moment.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
NLDS Game 5: Giants stop hearts, advance to NLCS (Oct. 11, 2012 — Grant Brisbee)
- Andrew Baggarly on how Tim Lincecum learned a pitch on the fly from Matt Cain (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Wes Goldberg on ESPN not ranking the Giants World Series wins very highly (Mercury News)
- Ali Thanawalla on Bobby Evans interviewing with the Los Angeles Angels (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Ron Kroichick on how sports got political in the Bay Area in 2020 (SF Chronicle)
- Marc Delucchi on the one reliever the Giants should target (Around the Foghorn)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 151 days until Opening Day.
I hope your Sunday is really wonderful.