Hello and happy Tuesday.
You may be aware that there is an election in exactly one week. Do you know what you should do about that? You should vote.
Don’t take my word for it: take the word of the San Francisco Giants. They also want you to vote.
So do it. Make a plan to vote, and do it early if you can. All the cool kids are doing it, and even a lot of us who aren’t cool kids.
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
No he did not. And thus ends this segment, because yesterday’s home run was the latest in the year that Bonds ever hit a homer.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Giants trade for OF prospect Luis Basabe (Aug. 9, 2020 — Brady Klopfer)
- Roger Munter on whether the Giants will follow the Dodgers model or the Rays model (There R Giants)
- John Shea on whether or not the Giants will pursue Joc Pederson in free agency (SF Chronicle)
- Kerry Crowley on how the World Series is proving that the Giants don’t need to sign a high-profile closer (Mercury News)
- Evan Drellich on the implications of MLB owners laying off so many people around the league (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Pueng Vongs on how Brandon Belt is selling his four-bedroom home in Texas (Mercury News)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 156 days until Opening Day.
I hope you all have a tremendous Tuesday. Vote if you haven’t already.