Hello and happy Monday. And more importantly, happy birthday to my sensational and impeccable mother.
The Hunter Pence content continues. Recently, ESPN put out a video interview with Pence, in which the lovable and eclectic outfielder talked about his time with the San Francisco Giants, his retirement and transition to fanhood, and his booming coffee business.
It’s great, because it’s Hunter Pence. Check it out.
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
October 26, 2002: In Game 6 of the World Series, against the Anaheim Angels, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 6th inning off of Francisco Rodriguez. It gave the Giants a 4-0 lead, but they would lose 6-5, moving the series to a 3-3 tie. It was his 8th homer of the postseason.
I’m really sorry for bringing this up.
- Chris Haft remembers the 2010 World Series, a decade later (MLB)
- Ali Thanawalla on Tyler Beede being at Game 4 (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Scott Ostler on Dusty Baker’s journey (SF Chronicle)
- Ali Thanawalla on the Giants and fans reactions to the Dodgers blowing Game 4 (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- John Shea on if the Giants can find a closer for 2021 (SF Chronicle)
- Ali Thanawalla on Randy Arozarena passing Barry Bonds’ postseason home run record (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- TC Zencka on the Giants rotation options (MLB Trade Rumors)
- Ali Thanawalla on how Hunter Pence said his body gave out in his final season (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 157 days until Opening Day.
I hope you have a lovely Monday.