Hello and happy Friday.
Many of the San Francisco Giants prospects are at the Fall Instructional Leagues, getting in important development time. Unfortunately the Giants aren’t providing coverage or video of the Instructional Leagues, so we don’t get to see it.
But prospect Luis Matos is here to help us out. The outfield prospect took to his Instagram on Thursday to post a video of a home run he hit, with three different camera angles (hat tip to reporter Marc Delucchi for noticing this).
Well that is beautiful.
Matos, an 18-year old from Venezuela, is ranked as the number 6 prospect in the Giants farm, per Fangraphs. He has a lot of power — as the video would suggest. He’s also the cousin of Luis Alexander Basabe.
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
He did not.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
The 10th anniversary of Ruben Rivera (May 29, 2013 — Grant Brisbee)
- John Shea on the Giants outfield making strides in 2020, with Heliot Ramos waiting in the wings (SF Chronicle)
- Daniel Brown with 6 amazing stories about 6 Hall of Famers (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Dalton Johnson on Hunter Bishop impressing during the Fall Instructional Leagues (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Alex Pavlovic on Brandon Crawford’s bounce-back season (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Brian Murphy on NL fans starting to change their tune on the designated hitter (KNBR)
- Alex Pavlovic on how Brandon Belt is the Giants only Gold Glove finalist (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 160 days until Opening Day.
I hope you have a wonderful Friday.