Hello and happy Friday.
It’s that time of year again, when MLB teams start firing their managers and then looking for new ones. And so it shouldn’t be surprising that San Francisco Giants fans are seeing Bruce Bochy’s name on headlines.
The retired Bochy — who had a 13-year run with the Giants and led the team to three championships — has not yet been rumored to have been involved in any discussions. But Bochy was recently on KNBR, where he said “I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss it,” and that he would “listen to anything” if a team came calling (though he noted that no team had).
Seeing Bochy manage again would be bittersweet for Giants fans. On the one hand, it would great to see the skipper back out there. On the other hand, having our last memory of him be in a different jersey — and him having to give up his hands-on adviser role with the organization — would be a bummer.
So which would you prefer?
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
Old, random MCC article for you to read
The Giants are a win away from winning the World Series (Oct. 27, 2014 — Grant Brisbee)
- Podcast: Roger Munter talks Instructional Leagues and development obstacles with Melissa Lockard (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee grades the Giants shortstops in 2020 (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Kerry Crowley on how the Giants can acquire the starting pitchers that they need (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on Farhan Zaidi’s explanation for why the Giants won’t target a big bat in free agency (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Henry Schulman talks Buster Posey’s role and Hall of Fame chances in his latest mailbag (SF Chronicle)
- Dalton Johnson finds the best players taken with the 14th overall pick (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 167 days until Opening Day.
I hope your Friday is wonderful.