Hello and happy Saturday.
During the week it was revealed that third base coach Ron Wotus is returning to the San Francisco Giants for another season. It will be his 34th season with the organization, including his 24th at the MLB level.
Wotus is the only coach from Bruce Bochy’s staff who was retained for Gabe Kapler’s coaching crew. And, when that decision was made a year ago, many felt that Wotus shouldn’t be retained, but rather promoted to manager. A lot of fans think Wotus would make a tremendous manager.
Count former player Michael Morse among that crew. Morse, who spent 2014 and 2017 with the Giants, is kind enough to follow the McCovey Chronicles Twitter account, and blesses us with his thoughts from time to time.
And his thoughts about Wotus are crystal clear.
Before he leaves give him 1 shot. You will not regret it.— Michael Morse (@MorseBeWithU) October 9, 2020
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
Barry Bonds did not hit a home run today.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Open GameThread II, World Series Game 5 (Oct. 26, 2014 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter asks the Giants to provide fans with some Instructional League coverage (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee grades the rotation (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Kerry Crowley on five A’s free agents who could fit on the Giants (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on the Giants fans easy rooting decision in the NLCS (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Kerry Crowley on who Giants fans should watch for the rest of the postseason (Mercury News)
- Mark W. Sanchez on Ron Wotus returning (KNBR)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 173 days until Opening Day.
I hope you all have a tremendous Saturday.