Hello and happy October. We’re officially three-quarters of the way through this year. Celebrate accordingly.
On Wednesday, The Athletic’s Melissa Lockard reported on the San Francisco Giants plans for the fall Instructional League. The Giants will have 66 players at Instructionals, and will try and use the time to make up for the lack of Minor Leagues and Arizona Fall League.
Lockard is one of the best prospect analysts around, and I highly recommend that you read her analysis of the invited players. Here’s the full list:
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
October 1, 1993: Against the Los Angeles Dodgers, Bonds hit a pair of 3-run home runs. A 3rd-inning blast off of Ramon Martinez scored Will Clark and Matt Williams, and tied the game 4-4. A 5th inning shot off of Omar Daal also scored Clark and Williams, and gave the Giants a 7-4 lead. They would win 8-7 (beat LA). They were his 45th and 46th homers of the year.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Giants end losing skid with Brandon Belt dingers, Madison Bumgarner complete game (Aug. 11, 2015 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter looks back on Joey Bart’s season (There R Giants)
- Alex Pavlovic on the mutual interest between the Giants and free agents Drew Smyly and Kevin Gausman (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Kerry Crowley on why Farhan Zaidi sees this year’s pain as a sign of progress (Mercury News)
- John Shea wonders if Gabe Kapler will get Manager of the Year votes (SF Chronicle)
- Alex Pavlovic on five roster holes that must be filled during the offseason (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Henry Schulman on the plan that Farhan Zaidi has laid out for the upcoming months (SF Chronicle)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how the offseason has to begin with starting pitching (KNBR)
- Alex Pavlovic on why Farhan Zaidi considers the season a success (NBC Sports Bay Area)
I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.