Opening day is just a few days away, and we’ve got the perfect chance for you to experience this Giants season on a whole new level. McCovey Chronicles is hiring bloggers.
We’ve got space on our roster for two bloggers to help us cover the Giants this season and beyond. Keep reading to find out if this role is right for you.
What does the role entail?
These are part-time, contract roles compensated with monthly stipends. I’ll let McCovey Chronicles’ editor, Bryan Murphy, fill you in on the details:
McCovey Chronicles wants to add your voice to its chorus of writers! Are you passionate about the San Francisco Giants, advanced analytics, and franchise rebuilds with euphemistic names like “reload”, “calibration”, or “fun trial and error time”? Have you picked a side in the Belt Wars? Then this just might be the place for you.
The site currently has need for two such contributors. Each would be need to be able to write 8-10 posts per month, given largely by assignment but with flexibility to pitch and write their own ideas.
- Availability: Four days a week, with a strong preference for weekends.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Giants and will already be familiar with McCovey Chronicles.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Availability to participate in a 15-20 minute story pitch session on our Slack channel (once a week) and bring at least 2 ideas to every session.
- Previous experience writing in a web-based format about baseball, comedy, or sports in general is preferred.
- Weekend availability is preferred.
- Photoshop skills are preferred.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a resume detailing any relevant experience, a cover letter explaining why you’re a great candidate for this opportunity, and a baseball-related writing sample via our Vox Media Careers page.
Vox Media, SB Nation, and McCovey Chronicles are committed to bringing you Giants coverage from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with everything we’re looking for, but you believe you have the ability to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.
If you have questions about these roles, the application process, McCovey Chronicles, or SB Nation in general, contact Jeanna Thomas, Talent Manager for Team Brands at SB Nation at email@example.com.