So we had planned to have the first of two McCoven Meet-Ups this Saturday at FanFest. As you are most likely aware February is, in fact, winter. I know we forget sometimes because more often than not, the weather in February has been spring-like for the last few years. But this year? Definitely winter. The “slap you in the face whenever you open the door” kind of winter.
Why am I saying all this? Because it’s supposed to be cold and rainy on Saturday, as of Monday’s forecast.
That leaves us in a bit of bind. I don’t know how many people were planning to meet up on Saturday but I can only assume some of you might have been planning to bring kids or take public transportation. None of that goes well with being stuck outside in the rain in the middle of winter.
So, here’s the deal, I’m open to driving down and dealing with the rain to do the meet-up if the majority of people still want to go.
If, however, you guys would rather pass and try for another event, I will plan to put together a River Cats game meet-up later in the spring.
I’m attaching a poll below. As usual, if you don’t see it, try a different browser.
Do you still want to attend the FanFest meet-up this weekend, despite the bad weather? Or do you want to try for a River Cats game instead?
This poll is closed
Yes, I still want to go!
River Cats, please.