This will be The Thread for the next couple of days. Sorry for the delay in posting. Hope you queued up some nice and good hot takes.
We’re seeing a little bit of hot stove action the past couple of days:
- Stephen Vogt signed a one-year major league deal (and option) with the Diamondbacks
- Drew Pomeranz signed a three-year deal with the Padres
- the Padres and Brewers did a 2-for-2 trade
- The Mariners also appear to be close to signing Carl Edwards Jr.
- the Pirates will announce Derek Shelton as their next manager
- the Rangers added Kyle Gibson, a useful arm. Kenny wrote about him for Beyond the Box Score. In another era of Giants front officery, he might’ve been a top offseason target.
Ah, the days when this team was more predictable.
Anyway, here’s the topic starter: how many of these trades and contracts were negotiated with pumpkin pie or other Thanksgiving foods in the room at the time? Do you think A.J. Preller was forking pieces of pie into his mouth in between “uh-huh”’s as he negotiated with Pomeranz’s agent?
Maybe a better starter: what’s the best Thanksgiving side or dessert to eat while negotiating baseball contracts?