First... does anyone get this joke?
Justin Turner must be stopped. pic.twitter.com/AQjsAZJBLB— McCovey Chronicles (@McCoveyChron) May 11, 2018
I think it’s funny. But maybe I didn’t set it up properly.
It’s the end of the week for most of you, but we’ll keep cranking out content all weekend long. In the meantime, here are some pieces from the past week I think you should catch if you hadn’t already:
- SB Nation’s Fake Teams thinks you should put Alen Hanson on your fantasy team.
- Brady covered Tim Lincecum’s rehab game. He also matched Giants with their Warriors equivalent.
- Sami pointed out all the reasons why a Facebook-only game was straight baloney. For what it’s worth, I had an terrible time watching the game.
- Thankfully, Doug did, too, because it inspired him to write a phenomenal post-game recap of the Giants getting swept in Philadelphia in front of a Facebook audience. I laughed, I cried, I gave Facebook all my personal information.
- Last Friday saw the debut of our Staff Writer, Kenny Kelly. Both of his series previews (“I Regret To Inform You The Braves Are Back” and “Oh good, the Phillies are also better than expected”) have been excellent, as have been his recaps. He’ll be back later today to setup the series in Pittsburgh and he’ll be recapping tomorrow and Sunday’s
lossesgames. I just wanted to point out those two previews because of how exquisitely wrong his series predictions. I am, of course, just teasing him.
- Our old staff writer, Glans Brillsby, chimed in on that disturbing Matt Harvey to the Giants rumor, and served up this bit of memory flotsam we’d all surely forgotten:
The last time Harvey was good, the Giants had just traded for Mike Leake and Norichika Aoki was the starting left fielder.
Who are other Giants with Duane Kuiper Games? What is your life’s Duane Kuiper Game? Do you think it’s hard to know what that is until a certain part of your life ends (you change jobs, careers, partners, etc.)?
Finally, and most importantly: I’m setting the over/under for Giants strikeouts this weekend at 34.5.
34.5 — will Giants hitters strike out this weekend
This poll is closed