In sports, hope is the province of fools, and I'm sure the Giants are hopeful that these fools and their money will soon be parted and deposited into the LLC's account. There are 16 home games remaining and San Francisco Baseball Associates LLC would prefer it if they were sold out. More importantly, though, since tickets aren't refundable and the team isn't going to the postseason, there's a chance that they have 16 sellouts but still fall short of their revenue projections for this quarter.
Because of the unsold merchandise and concessions, of course.
And the Giants, see, need every last penny they can get if they hope to re-sign Ryan Vogelsong and nab Doug Fister and Gavin Floyd in free agency. So, they need to figure out a way to rope in the suckers who will actually pass through the turnstiles and spend the rest of their hard-earned cash on Giants-branded paraphernalia and garlic-branded food products, and the best way to do that is with a GIVEAWAY DAY.
Yes, The Giveaway Day, every Marketing Department's Tinder profile pic. There's nothing sexier to a
consumer loyal fan than the promise of free crap team-branded collectibles. Here are the remaining special event/giveaways for the 2015 season as of September 1st (via sfgiants.com):
- September 12 - LEGO Day
- September 14 - Step Up to the Plate
- September 15 - Filipino Heritage Night 2
- September 16 - World Champions Belt Buckle
- September 18 - Polynesian Heritage Night
- September 30 - Oktoberfest
- October 2 - African American Heritage Night / Willie Mac Award
- October 3 - Star Wars Night / Star Wars Bobblehead
- October 4 - Fan Appreciation Day