The lede is that, dang it, Jeremy Affeldt, stop getting hurt in weird ways. This makes at least
three four times now.
- 2010 - day-to-day (avoiding Gregor Blanco foul ball)
- 2011 - out for season (separating frozen hamburger patties with a knife)
- 2012 - 15-day DL (playing with kids)
- 2013 - 15-day DL (sneezing fit)
- 2015 - 15-day DL (playing with kids)
Broadway was likely to be called up next week anyway, as the River Cats closer had a 0.93 ERA, with 64 strikeouts to eight walks in 48 innings. Which is really, really, really good. His six major league appearances weren't quite as impressive, but good gravy, those Triple-A numbers.
Just a friendly reminder: never, ever play with your children. It's just not worth it, people.