The San Francisco Giants won the World Series in 2012. Because of this, enterprising individuals, companies, and corporations are interested in selling you related items. You, a drunken championship monkey without the ability to resist temptation, will buy several of these.
The most important item, of course, is the World Series Blu-Ray set that also includes the Game 5s from the NLDS and NLCS. If you don't have this, you're forever going to be stuck recreating the World Series at home with MS Paint drawings and Legos. FOREVER.
Unless you play the World Series Blu-Ray Giveaway Contest from McCovey Chronicles (a McCovey Chronicles Corporation News Production)! The rules are simple:
1. Create a digital illustration based on the 2012 season. The idea in my head is MS Paint, but if you're all fancy, you can go nuts in Adobe Illustrator. If you really want to paint a triptych by hand and scan it in, go for it. A Photoshop can work, too! That's artsy enough.
2. Voting starts at 1:00 p.m. PT on Monday -- as in, right when I publish this. Voting is defined as the number of recs an image gets.
3. Voting closes exactly 24 hours later.
4. The most recs gets the entire six-disc set, either on Blu-Ray or DVD. The second-most recs gets an official 2012 World Series Blu-Ray or DVD. The third-most recs gets the official 2010 film on Blu-Ray or DVD.
5. Natto is not eligible for this contest.
6. That last part isn't true, but I wanted to give you a little hope and be a jerk at the same time.
7. But there are rules to the contest, and you can find them here.
8. You can't just take something that's not safe for work and change the caption to "Mat Latos." Well, you can, and please do, but don't think that you'll win.
Have fun! Be the Marco Scutaro of freehand doodling! The Cody Ross of championship-inspired art!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest open only to individual legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the date of entry into the Contest. This Contest begins at 1PM PT on Monday, December 10, 2012 and ends at 1PM PT on December 11, 2012. For Official Rules, see this page