Welp. The good news is that we haven't had to dig that one out for a while.
The bad news is that the Giants really, really, really needed that win. Here's how the ninth went:
- Infield hit that Orlando Cabrera couldn't handle
- Walk to Eric Hinske
- Sac bunt to move the tying run into scoring position
- Single hit too hard to tie the game
- Walk to move the winning run into scoring position
- 3-2 count to get the runners going, let the hitter know a fastball is coming
- Ground ball up the middle
Yeah. And it was a game that featured a great performance from Madison Bumgarner (just didn't sniff out that win) and four runs (a season-high for the team). It was against a direct competitor for a playoff spot. It was a miserable way to drop 2-1/2 games back.
Hey, cheer up. Jonathan Sanchez is going tomorrow.
Oh, and the loss wasn't even the worst part of the game. Pablo Sandoval is hurt. X-rays on his foot were negative, but he'll probably miss the next couple of games, at least. So what's the lineup?
Rowand - CF
Keppinger - 2B
Cabrera - SS
Huff - 1B
Schierholtz - RF
Ross - LF
Fontenot - 3B
Whiteside - P
You know you'll see that lineup this series. That's my prediction.
Also, Sergio Romo's elbow is hurt.
Also, the Diamondbacks won tonight. They didn't play, but they won.
Maybe a bunch of draft picks won't sign tonight.
Poured a bowl of cereal, went to get the milk. Realized I'm out of milk.
I'll be in the tub.