- On Sunday, I'll be participating in a Walk to Cure Diabetes in Walnut Creek on behalf of my 10-year-old niece, who was recently diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. If you are able, please consider donating money here. Go to the bottom-right of the page, and search for the last name of Brisbee.
Thanks to the folks who already donated - it really does mean a lot to me. Of course, the people who already donated had to enter their flesh names, so I don't know who any of them really are. If they were doing it to score points with me before I got super famous, they failed. If they did it in the spirit of generosity, then it all worked out as planned.
- Since this is all about me today, I thought I'd give a reminder to vote for me for a College Blogging Scholarship. I'm way, way, way behind, and some folks are screaming about open proxy shenanigans, so really I don't think that I'll be finishing in the money. Still, it doesn't hurt to vote if you haven't already. You don't need to register or anything.
And thanks to the folks who were trying to organize the grassroots effort to get me votes. It meant a lot - even more than the whole diabetes thing, as I don't even see a dime of that money.
- Kidding, of course. I encourage you to donate to the Diabetes Walk. If you don't have the money, think "outside the box" like this McCovey Chronicles reader. Curing diabetes, one bank at a time.
- Here's a nice World Series article on Jeff Francis through the eyes of Giants farmhand Brooks McNiven.
- If it's World Series time, that means it's also time for random articles of local interest that almost kind of relate to the World Series. Did you know what team Kirt Manwaring was rooting for? Did you? Huh? There's only one way to find out, and it comes with a free ultra-pixilated close-up
- Let's all think good thoughts for Bruce Bochy, whose family was evacuated from their San Diego-area house. I really can't wrap my head around the scope of these fires. The folks at GasLampBall have been providing periodic updates on the fires over on their site.
- Class, thy name is crappy eBay vendor. And is that supposed to read "The Giants Suok?" And wasn't that picture really of the kid of a Red Sox fan?
While on the eBay thing, you have to be impressed with the sheer volume of this auction. That's 1474 Giants cards, folks, including five Adam Hyzdus. The bidding frenzy ends in five hours, so bid now.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.