clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Villakinfikpuffine

New, 4 comments

1) If you're in the market for reading something you've read before, have a seat. I like the selection of right-handed bullpen arms the Giants invited to camp. In other breaking news, I'm not a big fan of Neifi Perez as a hitter.

Every one of the pitchers is interesting. The Renaissance Faire is interesting too. For the 1% chance you'll score a flagon of mead and meet some bawdy stable wench you'll end up marrying, there's that 99% chance you'll just be annoyed by nerds with fake swords, scant port-o-potties, and nerds with fake swords . You just have to take that chance, because the payoff is huge. Huzzah for the general manager, who thinketh these thingseth througheth.

The tally so far:

Brandon Villafuerte - 2 IP, 1H, 1 BB, 1K, 0.00 ERA
Brandon Puffer - 2.1 IP, 4H, 0 BB, 0.00 ERA
Matt Kinney - 2.2 IP, 5H, 0 BB, 2 K, 10.13 ERA
Jeremy Fikac - 3.2 IP, 3H, 0 BB, 3 K, 2.45 ERA
Al Levine - 4.0 IP, 3H, 1 BB, 3 K, 0.00 ERA
Too early to draw conclusions? Well, yeah. This will be the start of a regular update through the exhibition and regular season. It'll be like a reality show. I'll have to pick a host who is somewhat famous, but whose fame is waning. Burt Reynolds as himself is still too much of a star, so I'll go with Burt Reynolds as the glowing cube from Anterias.

Which one of the five do you think has the best chance to make an impact? Vote in McCovey Chronicles' wildly accurate poll, and you'll feel better about yourself. I'm going for Villafuerte, because his time as a bad pitcher was limited enough to be a sample-size issue. In order, my choices:

Villafuerte
Kinney
Fikac
Puffer
Levine

2) Allen has graced us with more spring videos here. It's an inflatable doll on the desert island of spring baseball coverage. I mean that in a good way, Allen.