***THE DRAFT IS NOW CLOSED. Thank you for participating.***
Hello, McCoven, and welcome to the 2014 Adopt-A-Giant Program Adoption Draft.
- Any Giants-related player, former player, coach, exec, writer, broadcaster, place, or thing can be adopted except for Willie Mays and adoptees with a letter "k" next to their names in the adoption spreadsheet.
- The Rolling Three Rule: You get 2 hours and 30 minutes from the time you're on the clock to select a "protected pick" where nobody more than two spots below you can pick. After the 2 hour and 30 minutes are up, you have 24 hours to make a pick before you go into the secondary draft, which will occur after the main draft is over. For example, if you're up at 8:00 AM on Saturday, then you have a protected pick until 10:30 AM, at which point you can pick until 10:30 AM on Sunday, when you'd go into the secondary draft pool.
- Only one adoptee per parent, unless the two go together as one (e.g. garlic + fries).
- There is no compensation if your player gets DFA'd. If he gets traded, you can take the player he is traded for as your own. If there are multiple players traded, it will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Sigtests and other off-topic posts should go in a main thread so that this doesn't get too cluttered or long.
- The adoption spreadsheet, a list of all adoptees and adoptive parents. Also located on the McWiki.
- The draft order. Also contained in this document is a listing of who has already picked, who has gone on the clock, and when they went on the clock.
- The form for submitting a proxy ballot, if you might not be here when your turn comes up. Real-life stuff happens, so consider filling one out just in case!
- The form for volunteering to help run the draft. We need all the help we can get! Warning: Google account required to help.
The contract: This year, we got sick and tired of trying to chase around irresponsible parents asking if they wanted to keep their adoptees. So now, when you adopt, you adhere to the following rules: you acknowledge that it is your own responsibility and nobody else's to check back to McCovey Chronicles in mid-February to retain your adoptee, and that if you fail to do that, you will lose the rights to your adoptee.