Greetings, one and all, to the 2014 McCovey Chronicles Adopt-A-Giant Adoption Draft! The draft will be held on Saturday, March 1, at 8:00 AM PST. The rules are as follows:
- Draft order is done by a formula of: draft points = (# of comments) + 20 • (months of membership, rounded to the nearest whole month [i.e. no decimals; 15 days turns into 0 months and 16 turns into 1 month]) + 35 • (number of fanposts and fanshots). The highest point total goes first. Draft points will be calculated on February 22; any posts made on or after February 22 will not be counted. You can calculate your own point total, or you can ask me to calculate it for you. Here is the draft order.
- You can't sign up for the draft unless you have released your adoptee (or you didn't have one to begin with) in the Custody Hearings Fanpost. You must release or keep your adoptee by Thursday, February 27.
- The Rolling Three rule: You get 2 hours and 30 minutes from the time you're on the clock to select a "protected pick" where nobody more than two spots below you can pick. After the 2 hour and 30 minutes are up, you have 24 hours to make a pick before you go into the secondary draft, which will occur after the main draft is over. For example, if you're up at 8:00 AM on Saturday, then you have a protected pick until 10:30 AM, at which point you can pick until 10:30 AM on Sunday, when you'd go into the secondary draft pool.
- If you won't be there on draft day, you can submit a proxy form. You still have to register on this post!
- The Willie Mays Exception: any Giants-related player, former player, staffer, coach, manager, executive, or just about any noun is available to be drafted, EXCEPT for Willie Mays. Nobody can draft him.
- If someone hasn't confirmed that they're keeping their adoptee, then they are unprotected and you can adopt them. People who have protected their adoptees have a k next to them in the draft spreadsheet, located here or on the McWiki.
- There is no compensation if your player gets DFA'd. If he gets traded, then you can take the player he is traded for as your own. If multiple players are traded, it will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Only one adoptee per parent (unless the two items go together as if they were one, i.e. garlic and fries).
If you would like to join the draft, please post below. Calculate your points or ask someone to do it for you (I'll be confirming all the totals anyways). We'll see you on Saturday, March 1, at 8 AM!