This is a sponsored post for Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball, and there's a bunch of copy below, but the first part is going to be in my words. And if it's in my words, I get to use the slogan I suggested for Yahoo! years ago:
"Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball: Because I'm sure as hell not paying for someone to run my league."
And that's the benefit of Yahoo! compared to the competition. It's free, and it still has a ton of the bells and whistles that paid leagues have. It's perfect for an McC league, because I think it would be against my contract to take all y'alls money, so a paid league is out of the question. Oh, and I would take your money. Because I have HOT FANTASY BASEBALL SECRETS AND TIPS.
I even wrote a column for Rotoworld's magazine this year. Yeah, that's the kind of fantasy expert you're dealing with. And when they said, "What in the hell is this? We asked for a column about the benefits of granular plastic for part ejection", I told them they had a column on Yu Darvish, so they'd have to deal with it.
(I actually did do a column for the real Rotoworld draft guide. FANTASY EXPERT. HOT FANTASY BASEBALL SECRETS AND TIPS.)
Actually, I'm pretty horrible at fantasy baseball. I've been in the same live-draft league since the days when the weekly updates were mailed to me -- like, in an envelope with stamps on it -- and I've won it only once. In a nine-team league, the odds suggest that I should have won more. But the odds don't know how terrible I am. The good news is that I am personally responsible for Troy Tulowitzki's injury last season, so I have that going for me. Which is nice. I think I had Al Oliver on my team last year.
Okay, so we're going to have an Official McCovey Chronicles Fantasy League, sponsored by Yahoo! And because I'm so horrible, I don't want any hotshots in there. So to choose who joins the league, we'll use the power of recs. Tell us why you are awful at fantasy baseball, with stupid draft stories and anecdotes, if possible. The first 11 to turn green will get an invitation to this exclusive league, and then we'll talk about the setup (NL/AL or NL-only, saber-stats or ribeyes, gentleperson's agreements to keep Clayton Kershaw undrafted, etc ...)
So have at it. Your explanation of why you suck at fantasy baseball, if you will. That way, I have a chance. The all-awful, all-official McCovey Chronicles fantasy league, presented by Yahoo!
- Yahoo! Sports is the leading fantasy provider on the Internet, home to millions of fans playing the #1 fantasy baseball game available – all for free!
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball ’13 is easy to use, with mock drafts, player comparison features, and numerous customization options. Plus - Yahoo! Sports offers superior stability, especially during drafts and games (Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball doesn’t drop the ball).
- The #1 free game keeps getting better: now with same day drafts, custom playoff seeding, and game-time waivers.
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball provides fans with top-notch information, resources, and expert advice. From player notes to injury updates to player availability across leagues, Yahoo! Sports helps you win big. This year never miss a last minute injury with updated player notes.
- Yahoo! Sports provides pre-draft advice clips to help you draft the best team possible. Fantasy advice is also available throughout the season with bi-weekly video clips and the Fantasy Freaks on Yahoo! Sports Radio on Friday’s 8–10pm EST
- Don’t miss a trade or waiver wire again! Daily roster changes are made easy with the Fantasy Baseball app available on Android, iPhone, and iPad (new this year!).
- Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball gives you real-time fantasy score updates wherever you go. View team, league, and player stats, edit your lineups, and check your standings and matchups.
- Yahoo! Sports offers the fantasy fanatic an even more competitive way to play with Pro Leagues! Join a Pro League for $20 or $100 and compete to win cash prizes. For those who dare to put some skin in the game.
Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball supports SBNation and fantasy-league families everywhere. Get better experts, better tools, and better stats with the #1 free fantasy baseball game. This season also features a brand new iPad app, so sign up now. Get ready for opening day with better play on Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball.