And they picked up Chris Stewart last year in the George Kontos trade.
It seems to me that there are some funny things going on here, and here's an explanation.
- The Giants have great catchers, behind one of the greatest (Posey, obviously)
- The Giants handle their pitching staff exceptionally well, and maybe the catchers are a clue into this.
- The Giants have been winning with pitching and defense, and good offense
- The Yankees have been losing, in large part because their pitching staff is only okay
- Joe Girardi, being a former winning catcher, really likes winning catchers
- The Yankees wish to beat the Giants when the Giants return to the World Series again next year, even though recent history would lead anyone to believe that such a scenario is likely to happen.