I might be being too optimistic but I believe that this Giants team will actually be better then last years. That does not mean that I think we'll repeat because its so hard to have that magical month in october but I do Believe that this team will win more then 92 games. A few reasons come to mind.
1. Full seasons from Posey, Bumgarner, Ross, Burrell. This makes our lineup considerably better on a day day basis. Especially Posey, having him in the middle of the lineup from day one is a massive upgrade.
2. Sandoval, this is a point of contention around these parts but we've seen the photos he looks better. Also hearing him in the town hall he sounded more confident and hopefully he is over any personal matters that effected him last year.
3. Bench, having DeRosa to spot start will be a big boost. and having fontenot make it a deep and productive.
4. Belt, having one of the best prospects in the game on the bat phone ready to go will make sure that we are somewhat protected from the injury bug non pitching wise of course.
5 Tejeda should be a good replacement for Uribe, especially since we are not asking him to do too much. Just play solid defense and provide a little bottom of the order production.
6. Pitching, its all back nuff said. And Bumgarner all year.
The only thing that really worries me are Torres and Tejada, we don't really have anybody to replace their spots if they get hurt. Especially torres because we don't have any other lead off type hitters on the roster.
What does everyone think? I'd put our win total at 95 next year and we'll see where it goes from there. But its weird to feel optimistic as a giants fan. This is truly a different feeling then I've felt in years!