The Giants are in the middle of a brutal losing streak. They've been playing wretchedly for the last few series. During the last series, the Giants played some of the worst baseball I've ever seen.
So of course, the Giants are going to Coors Field for four games. Coors Field. Yep. Like the reanimated members of the Donner Party taking biannual winter walks through the Sierras every year, the Giants are heading to Coors. This weekend is going to be awesome!.
- Enjoy botanical rarities? Check out the rare blooming of a Titan arum (corpse flower) in Berkeley.
- You can always walk or bike the Golden Gate Bridge. Have you ever done that? Seriously, have you? Maybe it's time to explore your own backyard.
- Fireworks, fireworks, fireworks! Come early, stake out a spot, and try to time your drinking so you don't throw up until they play Neil Diamond's "America!"
- Around the world in 80 beers? Okay. I'll go to that. Twist my arm, will you?
- The Backstreet Boys are playing at the Warfield tonight. They're back! Alright!
Pitcher to watch
What if you're not in the Bay Area? It's hard to know exactly what you have at your fingertips, but I'll do my best.
- Join a book club! Hey, here's one! And it's free!
- Go through Roger Ebert's list of "Great Movies" and pick the ones you haven't seen yet. Pro tip: Start with Sweet Smell of Success.
- Take a hike! No, literally! No matter where you are, there has to be a way to enjoy the weather if it's nice. Whatever you do, don't just sit and watch television. Except for the World Cup, of course. Actually, if all you want to do is watch a "Good Eats" marathon, go for it. Hey, just do what you want, man. Just don't watch the Giants.
High 60s, low 70s, with plenty of sun. Suck it, rest of the world. Let's enjoy this Bay Area weather.