If this teams upper management expects its current talent to get into the playoffs it must replace Bochy at this time to spark the team. Bochy seems like a nice enough guy, and the clubhouse seems by all accounts to be one with decent chemistry, but this year the team is simply playing below their talent level. They don't make a lot of statistical mistakes, but they make a lot of little mistakes, like not holding on runners, letting too many runners advance, having a poor record in stopping the stolen base, and giving up way too many base on balls while not taking their due share.
Things that a new manager needs to change.
1. Have the team hit into less double plays.
2. Increase the teams hitting with runners in scoring position.
3. Have the team accept more walks.
4. Demand the pitchers throw more strikes and do not give up gopherballs at the worst possible times
5. Don't panic when the opposition gets a baserunner and our pitcher has to pitch from the stretch, armslots be dammed.
6. Have a tough attitude when the bullpen gets a little overuse, the giants pen has thrown the least innings in the league.
7. Get better results within our own division. (this is absolutely mandatory).
8. Put together a lineup that optimizes run production and defense.
10. Manage not to let the team go cold everytime they go on the road or play a tough divisional rival either at home or on the road.
11. For the remainder of the season win over 50% of the games against Colorado, Los Angeles, and San Diego.
12. They must go after these goals with Intensity, but not tenseness.
13. I just don't think Bochy is the guy to take this team to the next level. I think he could be a decent winning manager if you want your team to just miss the playoffs.