Okay, so the man comes in for a lot of criticism and mockery here. This article is especially absurd, though. Some highlights:
- He lauds the front office for signing two "competent" hitters.
- He mentions that John Bowker, Emmanuel Burriss, Kevin Frandsen, Travis Ishikawa, Fred Lewis, Andres Torres, Eugenio Velez, Buster Posey, and Eli Whiteside are "unlikely" to all make the team. Really, Chris? We're not going to be carrying nine bench players this time? Damn. My hopes were so high.
- He mentions that Sanchez is LIKELY to start the season on the DL. Originally, Bochy said that was possible - maybe I missed it but I hadn't heard any updates. So his first DL stint of the year is updated to "likely." HOORAY!
- "the Giants realize a fast start will give them a significant edge over their competition." YOU DON'T SAY! I thought it was good to lose every game in April and save your strength so you can be MONEY DOWN THE STRETCH, NERDS!
- The closing quote from Sabean: "You have the opportunity to have depth." Um, what!?