Okay. I’ll bite.
1. November 1, 2010 – Giants at Rangers (with KNBR audio)
2. November 1, 2010 – Giants at Rangers (with Fox audio)
3. November 1, 2010 – Giants at Rangers (synced up with "Black Sabbath, Vol. 4" on repeat – Renteria’s home run is hit right when "Supernaut" starts. Tell me that is just a coincidence. You start the audio up before the first pitch, right when you hear Tim McCarver roar.)
4. November 1, 2010 – Giants at Rangers – (En Español)
5. November 1, 2010 – Giants at Rangers – (just closed captioning)
6. November 1, 2010 – Giants at Rangers – Without game images, but with the KNBR audio over three hours of that stupid Fox robot hitting an animated Tommy Lasorda with a frozen sturgeon. The game moves up to #1 if it’s a real robot and a real Lasorda, but that’s probably unlikely and/or illegal.
But not one of those is an option. EAST COAST BUY US. Instead, we have a bunch of non-November 1, 2010 games, so we’ll have to make do. My thoughts so far:
- The exclusion of the Spahn/Marichal game should void any ballot
- The ’79 Phillies/Cubs game should be on there just because. Forty-five runs. Man.
- The July 4, 1985 game is so, so epic. Rick Camp hit a home run to tie the game in the 18th inning. That’s like Jeremy Affeldt hitting a two-out, 18th-inning homer and then coughing up the game in the next half-inning. The word "epic" is used way too much on the internet these days, but epic. Epic. It has to be on the list.
- Ozzie beating the Dodgers is a good bookend to Morgan beating the Dodgers. I’ll take both.
- Now that the Giants have won the World Series, I suppose I can appreciate that Kirk Gibson home run just a little bit as a general baseball fan. A little bit. Maybe.
- Mets/Astros in 1986 makes it easily. I hope Mike Scott wakes up every night thinking about that series.
- Problems: The A-Rod/Texieria/Twins game is kind of an embarrassment to the list. Two from the ’88 Dodgers’ run? And I love the playoffs as much of the next guy, but only six regular season games out of close to 200,000 possibilities? That’s silly. I’ll even take the Spilborghs game over "Phils win after delay."
- No, wait, I wouldn’t.
So help me round out my list. Click on the picture up there to look at the list, and talk me into at least one Yankees highlight. Make arguments for some of the game I didn’t mention, and I’ll go vote. Or make fun of the list, and I’ll be too ashamed to vote. I mostly just want to use my fame and the power of my 51 readers to vote up the Morgan home run.