I know this is a bit off topic with all the Deadline talk but I think it's something that needs to be discussed. Why haven't the Giants promoted Neal to AA? I will provide reasons and analysis to support this below...
1. Neal is tearing up the CAL League like Crawford was during the beginning of the year. His current line is .344/.430/.617 with 17 homers.
2. Some of you may say the power and average is aided by the CAL league. This is true but let me remind you that Neal put up a .800 OPS in Low A Augusta with 15 homers, so he's always had this power and he hit for a .276 average.
3. Posey who had .326/.428/.540 line was promoted all the way to AAA before him despite having slightly worse numbers. They are the same age and Posey actually has to learn a harder position. I don't know much of of Neal Defense, but Left Field isn't that tough of a position to learn and play.
4. Neal has improved his discipline from last year despite playing in a tougher league. He lowered his strikeout rate from 24% to 19% and kept his walk rate at 11%. Both of these are encouraging.
5. Also isn't a right handed powerful and patient outfielder what we need since we have Fred (no power) and Shierholtz (no patience) ? He is perfect for us and we need to move him up a level and see how he does so we know if we should sign Holliday or Bay this offseason. I think his promotion is long overdo and really can't understand the Giants reasoning behind not moving him up. Please discuss and thanks for reading.