MLB Managers and Coaches once again fell prey to the siren song of DINGERZZ and RIBBIEZZ. Proof, once again, that chicks dig the long ball.
Zimmerman had 8 more home runs and 16 more RBIs than Pablo.
* Pablo had 11 more hits than Zimmerman (189 - 178)
* Pablo had 7 more doubles than Zimmerman (44 - 37)
* Pablo had 2 more triples than Zimmerman (5 - 3)
* Pablo had 38 points higher batting average than Zimmerman (.330 - .292)
* Pablo had 23 points higher on-base percentage than Zimmerman (.387 - .364)
* Pablo had 31 points higher slugging percentage than Zimmerman (.556 - .525)
* Pablo had 54 points higher OPS than Zimmerman (.943 - .888)
Pablo destroys Zimmerman in those last four stats. It's not even close.
I mean, OK, it's just the Silver Slugger. But, wow... as jaded a guy as I am, I'm still kind of stunned by the level of ignorance here.