I came across the interesting idea of swapping Winn for Derek Lee.
I would personally approve of a straight swap because it would accomplish a few things:
1. Schierholtz could play everyday in right
2. We acquire a first baseman with a gold glove, high batting average and at least moderate power
3. Sandoval could try his hat at 3rd or catcher if Molina is traded
4. Lee's Contract lasts only 2 more years; so we're not saddled with him long term
1. We'd add about 5 million per year to the team payroll for this year and 12 million next year. (since Lee's contract lasts through 2010 and Winn is in the last year of his contract)
2. Ishikawa and Bowker get pushed back into reserve roles. (Though Bowker can still man the outfield corners and would be a very nice 4th outfielder)
3. Both players have no trade clauses, I think it would be more of an issue with Lee than Winn.
What does everyone else think?