It's getting pretty bad, and it's really easy to see things getting worse.
So here are the ground rules for this diary:
- The Giants are done. The Giants are sellers. Regardless of irrational fear and Sabean jokes, this is the case, and shall be treated under all circumstances as though this is the case. Therefore, nobody may say anything about fearing the Cain, Lincecum, Sanchez, Lowry for Hawkins blockbuster. We've heard it. We're tired of hearing it. It's not going to happen. Don't say it.
- Keeping #1 in mind, here you may voice your worst fears for the remainder of the season. How bad can it get? You be the judge! Absolute WORST fears, nothing can be worse, knowing that Cain, Lincecum, et. al are completely untouchable. Don't be a jerk. Don't be that guy.
- No buyers for what we're selling. Sweeney and Aurilia get the DFA after the deadline. Ortmeier and de la Rosa get the call-up (substitute de la Rosa for any other lost cause infield prospect, heck Figueroa!)
- Durham hits the 15 day DL twice in the second half with leg problems and never gets back to hitting well. Roberts hits .240 on the year. Klesko, playing every day, gets tired and cools his ass off. Winn regresses to his mean.
- Correia plays himself into a DFA. Some jerk comes up in his place and doesn't impress anybody. Matt Cain has a minor mental breakdown and loses his superwonderful down the stretch. Lincecum continues to get hit hard, but starts to show some signs of getting that control under control. August Lowry shows up, but so does September Lowry.
- Frandsen and Ortmeier both demonstrate that they were never real prospects. At best, the two play themselves into backup jobs next year, but only on the Giants.
- The Giants win no more than 70 games, are never even close to in it, and Bonds doesn't even play in the All Star game.
What have you got?